Frequently asked questions
How often does my child have library?
- All DK-4 students have library class each week for 55 minutes.
How many books can my child check out?
- Kindergarten: 1 book
- 1st Grade: 1 book in September; 2 books in beginning in November
- 2nd Grade: 2 books in September; 3 books beginning in November
- 3rd & 4th Grade: 3 books
When is my child's book due?
- Books should be returned on your child's library day, 1 week after they have been checked out.
- Students may renew a book if they haven't finished reading by the time it is due.
What if my child forgets their library books?
- All students participate fully in all parts of library lessons, regardless of if they have their books turned in that day or not. This includes choosing a book, reading that book and coming to the check out desk. If your child does not have their books in, they will get a verbal reminder from Mrs. Davies at the time of checkout. Your child will not, however, check out a new book that week until their checked out book has been returned. When the books are returned, your child may take advantage of Flex Time to check out a new book.
What is Flex Time?
- Students often need access to the library in between their regularly scheduled library class. They may have been absent on their regularly scheduled library day, forgotten their books on their library day, or finished a book before their next library class. Flex Time was created to meet this need, and get books into the hands of readers as quickly and frequently as possible!
When is Flex Time available?
- Flex time is available every day, Monday through Friday, from 2:55-3:10pm.
Are there late fines?
- No. There are no late fines for books that are returned past their due date.
What if my child loses a book or it is damaged beyond repair?
- If a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, it will need to be paid for to replace it. Notices are sent home periodically (approximately every 6-8 weeks), and the price of the book is listed on the notice. If you have a question about a specific book, you can also contact Mrs. Davies directly.
How can I get in touch with Mrs. Davies?
- You can reach Mrs. Davies by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (616) 361-3450.